Cloud-native application hosting services have brought notable evolutionary changes to the tech industry. According to a recent report by Synergy Research Group, the global cloud infrastructure spending was $58 billion in the first quarter of 2022. The reason behind the increasing trend of cloud hosting is the capability of the cloud to host complex, high-end applications and platforms to be built, tested, and provisioned with state-of-the-art security and specific data governance policies.
It is necessary to increase the efficiency, productivity, information security, reliability, & scalability of cloud-native applications. Therefore, opting for the most flexible, cost-effective, and secured hosting service that fits all these criteria is mandatory. Choosing the right cloud hosting vendor in a rapidly evolving market can be daunting.
This blog post will let you find some of the top application hosting services in 2023, considering reliability, scalability, security, and cost-effectiveness. Let’s explore how application hosting works and which cloud service you must consider in 2023.
What is Application Hosting on Cloud?
Application hosting on the cloud refers to deploying and running applications on a cloud instead of on-premise network infrastructures. It makes applications and websites accessible via cloud resources. Applications and resources deployed on the cloud run on virtual servers, ensuring improved performance, security, and scalability.
Below are some important areas that significantly impact cloud-native applications’ overall performance and efficiency.
- Scalability – Cloud-native applications are designed to handle varying levels of traffic and load. They must be capable of scaling up or down to meet dynamic real-time business needs.
- Security – The security of cloud-hosted data and applications is critical. It requires security integration in the cloud that involves modern practices like encryption, firewalls, and authorization.
- Disaster Recovery Plan – Another vital aspect is preventing data loss in cloud computing. It includes regular backups and disaster recovery planning to ensure reliability.
- Monitoring & Maintenance – It is mandatory to regularly monitor cloud-hosted applications’ performance to optimize resources and increase efficiency. It also helps plug potential security gaps that make the entire cloud infrastructure vulnerable.
Benefits of Application Hosting on Cloud
Application hosting on the cloud offers a range of benefits and privileges for organizations of all scales. Some significant benefits of application hosting services include:
- Reduced IT Expenditure – Setting up and managing in-house network infrastructure involves procuring expensive hardware resources. By hosting applications on the cloud, Businesses can spare their IT budget up to a notable extent.
- Manages Services – Application hosting services offer all the services, including administrating, managing, scaling, upgrading, and securing cloud infrastructure. It eliminates the need for businesses to hire and train in-house employees to manage infrastructure.
- High-end Data & Cyber Security – Cloud services offer market-leading practices to safeguard organizations’ assets and critical data. Modern cloud frameworks are equipped with firewalls and intelligent threat detection systems to prevent external threats. Moreover, application hosting vendors regularly create backups of your data resources as an integral part of disaster recovery planning.
Best Application Hosting Services in 2023
Modern practices like DevSecOps have entirely revamped the mainstream process of developing, hosting, provisioning, and securing applications on cloud frameworks. In 2023, you can opt for flexible application hosting services that ensure enterprise-grade security, cost-effective pricing models, and scalability. The key players in this regard include
V2Cloud, a leading application hosting service that allows organizations to deliver cloud-hosted applications to remote employees. Its simplicity and ease of use make it a top pick for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Additionally, V2 Cloud offers a range of customizable options and pricing plans to meet the unique needs of different customers.
- Supports Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Raspberry Pi 4, and Web browser (OS agnostic).
- A centralized dashboard to simplify IT management and enable users to scale resources to address varying operational needs seamlessly.
- Extended backup retention as part of disaster recovery planning.
- Quick and seamless delivery of cloud-hosted applications to desktop or mobile users
- Multi-factor Authentication to ensure the safety of the organization’s critical assets and data
- 24/7 technical support to resolve all sorts of problems on the user end
- State-of-the-art data centers in almost all regions to minimize latency
- Ensure the durability of services for an enormous global client base.
V2 cloud offers a 7-day risk-free trial. After the completion of the trial period, you have to pay for the resources based on the pricing model, which is subjective to the client’s needs. The overall cost varies significantly depending on the number of users, type of subscription plan, allocated resources, etc. You can visit the official site of V2 cloud or connect with their sales representatives to get an accurate quotation for your specific requirements.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers on-demand cloud computing services and secured APIs to individual users or organizations. Its market-leading suite of tools and services enables businesses to develop, deploy, and manage applications at scale. Some of its unique features and benefits include
- Allows businesses to deliver applications as SaaS (Software-as-a-Service)
- AWS offers a virtual server that allows users to access application resources instantly
- Highly scalable and secure global cloud framework Automated scaling of resources to meet dynamic user requirements
Amazon Web Services offers free trials in its different packages. Its pricing works as a pay-as-you-go pricing model that you check on the AWS pricing page.
Microsoft Azure offers various services, including virtual machines for Windows or Linux, scalable storage, and seamless hybrid support. Being Microsoft’s product, Azure can seamlessly integrate with all Microsoft softwares and services. Its salient features include:
- Transparent visibility into the health & performance of cloud-hosted applications via Azure Monitor
- Ensure disaster recovery planning by Azure Backup facility
- API management across all platforms in multi-cloud infrastructure.
You can opt for a pay-as-you-go, 1-year saving plan, 3-year saving plan, or spot payments that you can calculate with the estimated Microsoft Azure pricing.
Google Cloud Platform
Google introduced the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with advanced capabilities, including machine learning and artificial intelligence, allowing businesses to build and deploy innovative, high-end applications. Its salient features include:
- Agile and scalable to meet the instant increase in demand
- Google promises 99.99% uptime for their cloud hosting service
- It supports live migration of VMs (Virtual machines) to ensure the continuity of services
- Continuously expanding network of global data centers
The price of Google cloud service varies depending on the number & types of instances and allocated resources. You can find the estimated pricing with Google Cloud Pricing Calculator.
IBM cloud focuses on providing enterprise-grade security and reliability, making it a top priority for large corporations and government organizations. IBM Cloud is the world’s first financial-services-ready framework with strict compliance with industry regulations. Its salient features include:
- Dedicated hosting to isolate, distribute, and control critical workloads
- Seamless data migration with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) pipelines
- Maximum scalability without any security vulnerabilities or threats.
You can get an accurate estimate per your cloud needs from IBM cloud pricing.
What makes V2 Cloud the Top Pick?
Globally, organizations are becoming more adaptive to cloud-native application hosting services due to their scalability and ease of use. This increased adaptability of cloud computing in all industries has triggered tough competition among all key players in the market. Among all the application hosting services available in the market, the V2 cloud is the perfect solution for SMBs and enterprise-grade businesses. It offers a flexible and cost-effective pricing model. Irrespective of the complexity of the application you want to host and the number of virtual machines you want to deploy, V2 Cloud is your go-to place for all your cloud needs. Explore the V2 cloud to know more about what it has to offer.