Python Full Stack
PYTHON FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Full time, permanent
Canada – Remote.
As a Python Full stack developer at V2 Cloud, you will be a key member of our autonomous and agile software development team focused on architecting, developing, documenting and maintaining our applications and third-party service integrations.
We believe in the power of working together, you’ll get to work with your peers, business partners and you’ll have the opportunity to grow and expand your capabilities. You will work closely with our CTO, architects and business stakeholders to continuously evolve our mission critical cloud and data systems.
You will also:
- Contribute to the company’s ongoing evolution of DevOps practices.
- Help empower fellow cloud team members through training, documentation and mentorship.
- Perform troubleshooting, performance analysis and remediation to improve stability, performance and security.
- You will help to develop and maintain our cloud infrastructure and internal applications, automating operations wherever possible, with a constant eye on factoring in scalability as a core part of the infrastructure you develop.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design.
- Ability to work in challenging / critical situations by taking Ownership, Accountability and Responsibility.
- Experience in and strong knowledge of Agile & SCRUM methodology
- Are a strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
- Good Analytical skills and ability to get into details of functional and technical architecture of projects.
- Implementation of software features based on written and visual/design specifications.
- Experience in tracking and reviewing team’s performance.
- Demonstrate hands-on technical leadership
- Stay well-informed of developments in web applications, programming languages and relevant technologies
- Participation and attendance in regularly scheduled SCRUM meetings.
- Developing back-end applications with Python, Django, MySQL/PostgreSQL, redis, and Linux, etc
- Designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or a similar field or applicable experience in the industry.
- In-depth knowledge and minimum 4 years of experience in software engineering.
- Basic knowledge and experience in React and electron
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix is required
- Expert in Git.
- Comfortable working in the terminal.
- Knowledge of the SaaS and Cloud domain is preferred.
- Experience with Jira will be an added advantage
- Experience with background job processing will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience of using tools like Sentry, Docker Swarm, DataDog will be an added advantage.
- Scrum Master experience in an Agile framework will be a great added advantage.
- Have experience of mentoring, educating, motivating junior engineers
- Have strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skill
In Return, You Will
- Be part of and grow with our dynamic team.
- Competitive salary with great opportunity for growth.
- We will provide you with the tools you need to develop your career and grow with our company.
- We are culture-driven, and our team is a priority.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Very Flexible
- 40h / week
- Python: 4 years (preferred)
- Django: 3 years (preferred)
- MySQL / PostgreSQL: 3 years (preferred)
- React: 1 years (preferred)
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you! Not sure you’re a perfect fit? Reach out anyway. We’re looking for awesome individuals, not folks who perfectly match a job posting.
V2 Cloud is a fast growing tech company. We help businesses embrace remote work by providing a fully managed Desktop-as-a-Service solution from the Cloud. We are a young and dynamic team with an awesome product that serves over 900 clients and 35,000 users worldwide. More information at www.v2cloud.com
Our Vision is to “Help businesses create workplaces where people love to work.” Mission: “Create the best remote work experience for people and companies.”
- We enjoy our work, take pride in exceeding expectations and a job well done.
- We get stuff done.
- Keep It Simple & Smart
- Life is too short to work with A**holes
We hire the people we trust, and we trust the people we hire. We value diversity of thought – Be bold
enough to voice dissenting opinions.