Product Update: Security is our Priority
October 27, 2021
Howdy! October is already here. Colder weather, pumpkin beverages, and spooky Halloween costumes are at our door. For the occasion, here’s a neat costume idea: Ransomware 👻Scary, right?
To fight these horrors, we mainly focused on security for this product update.
Two-factor authentication (2FA), simplification, and tons of other improvements await.
You get 2FA, you get 2FA, everyone gets 2FA
- It’s now possible to enforce 2FA in bulk for all of your users instead of doing it manually.
- On the Users tab, we added an icon to show who has 2FA enabled and who’s an admin.
- Fixed a bug about admin users and 2FA enforcing problems.
- When managing Users, the “Action Menu” has been shortened with the addition of a “More” option and password submenu.
- It’s now possible to allow the user to disable the password hash caching on the AD directory.
- When resizing a disk with a required transfer, we’re asking for confirmation before starting the process.
- The Passwords and Usernames can be longer than 16 characters now.
More Great Updates
- The History Tab is now showing all connections for WebConnect and RDP sessions.
- Randomly Generate Windows passwords upon user creation.
- You can transfer the access rights of desktop users to another V2 account.
- Send instructions email upon user creation.
- Ability to change V2 Cloud account user password independently of the Windows user password.
- You can white-labeling users when creating or editing them.
- The Console view and SSO for the desktop app will be released very soon.
Would you recommend V2 Cloud to a friend?
Until now, there has been no way to thank you when you recommend V2 Cloud to a friend and we want to change that. To show our appreciation, we are giving 25GB of storage every time you refer V2 Cloud to a new customer.
– Have a friend sign up and create a cloud computer with your referral link
Simply go to your dashboard and use your referral link.