Digital Workspace Solution
Bring office dynamics into the virtual realm with Digital Workspaces in the cloud
Digital workspaces are a critical component of remote and hybrid work. They bring into the digital realm many real-world dynamics which have so far been exclusive to office spaces. These can be asynchronous communications, real-time document collaboration, whiteboards, project management boards.
What is a Digital Workspace?
A digital workspace is an online environment in which employees can collaborate and create regardless of their physical location or the devices they use. It is a technology framework which brings together applications, data, and secure communications into a single cloud-delivered digital workspace solution. By hosting all components in a cloud environment, employees get access to an end-to-end solution with nothing else than a device and internet connectivity.
Benefits of Using a Digital Workspace Solution
Digital workspaces solutions bring forward a unique set of benefits such as:
- Access to a Global Workforce: Rather than having a limited base pool of talent based on a single location, a digital workspace solution can bring together minds from all over the world.
- Full Audit Trails: Every event in the digital space leaves its own time-stamped footprint. This ensures all actions are recorded such that we can always look back on what happened, and provide evidence where required.
- Operational Continuity:: Built on enterprise-grade infrastructure, a digital workspace boasts >99% uptime and can be accessed from any device and any place.
Create a Digital Workspace using Deskop-as-a-Service (DaaS)
DaaS are a key enabler for creating Digital Workspaces. They enable remote work and collaboration by hosting applications in a cloud environment, delivering a full desktop experience to employees as-a-service/through a web portal.
Digital Workspace solutions offer benefits such as:
- Less Physical Hardware: Rather than investing copious amounts of CapEx in depreciated physical assets such as laptops, desktop computers, or other peripherals, company resources can be accessed using lightweight or personal devices.
- Enhanced Security: Even by connecting through the public internet, digital workspace solution uses virtual private networks to encrypt traffic to and from the cloud infrastructure.
- Guaranteed Uptime: Digital workspace providers are solely responsible for ensuring 99.95% uptime and employ many disaster recovery and redundancy technologies.
- Centralized IT: All workspace components, from applications to data and virtual infrastructure are hosted in the cloud and centrally managed by the IT functions, offering greater control and better policy enforcement.
- Easy Onboarding: The processes of bringing in new employees or contractors can be fully automated, providing access to the resources without having to deal with hardware management.
- Anywhere, any device: Resources can be accessed regardless of location, through either a laptop, tablet, smartphone, or light Raspberry Pi device.
How DaaS Compares to Other Digital Workspace Solution
|Desktop-as-a-Service||Physical Workspace||Traditional VDI||VPN||Standalone Applications|
|Fully-integrated cloud desktop service hosted by a third-party||The good old fashioned office with on-premise model infrastructure||A centrally managed cloud-based work environment||Secure communications channel for remote access||Standalone applications used on an ad-hoc basis|
DaaS contains a suite of applications to encourage worker collaboration and seamless remote work
Physical workspaces accommodate almost all types of business activities
VDI solutions run images with full application suites
Many use cases may not be available due to the limited application features
Offer secure channels, but applications must be hosted and ran independently
Digital Workspace solutions can be deployed without upfront investment and easily scaled on-demand with pay-as-you-go model
Renting and maintaining spaces comes at a premium cost
Traditional VDI typically requires deployment and maintenance of sophisticated server setups
Without a clear strategy, costs of standalone apps may pile on top of each other
VPNs vary widely in price depending on vendors and are a cost added on top of the business applications
Secure communication channels and adequate access controls ensure enterprise-grade security
Unauthorized personnel and printed documents are security liabilities
VDI environments can only be accessed by users with adequate credentials and authorizations
Despite a lack of integrations, each application has its own access control modules
VPNs extend corporate networks to the end user, encrypting traffic on the public internet
Accessible from any location and any device, DaaS are highly efficient digital workspace solutions
Collaboration comes naturally in a physical workspace, but is inefficient in terms of tracking and logging
VDI solutions can be accessed from anywhere and from any device
Collaboration in a digital environment without application integrations is difficult and time consuming
Without an end-to-end solution, the security benefits of a VPN do not deliver an efficient remote working experience
Maintenance typically carried out by digital solution provider
Property and physical device maintenance are expensive
Image lifecycle and support offered by solution provider
Each application must be maintained and updated individually
Solution providers offers ongoing support
It has been one of the best decisions we have made in our 20-year history. It has given us peace of mind and IT is no longer a hurdle in making business advancements. Like I said earlier ... V2 Cloud has been 2nd to none ...
Working with V2 Cloud was a no-brainer for me, especially after I saw that they deliver on their marketing promises. I barely have to do anything but I profit a lot. I'm a raving fan...
We believe that V2 Cloud is the only solution on the market that is capable of creating a true web-based experience for windows application.
I’ve been using V2 Cloud for over 2 years now, and it has been fantastic. Our productivity has increased as we can all work off the same server. I recommend V2 Cloud to any business in search of a secure, reliable and cost-effective cloud desktop solution...
The ease of use of the V2 Cloud solution makes it SecureFLO’s first choice for its secure Desktop-as-a-Service offering. It's the intuitive user interface and minimal configuration makes it easy for SecureFLO to focus on our competency: protecting information at risk.
VMR has been offering cloud-based services for more than 8 years, and I can say with certainty that V2 Cloud provides the highest-quality cloud solution for small business regardless of industry.