Using Microsoft Group Policy
In order to prevent local drives to be mapped from your Cloud Computer please follow the below steps.
Connect to Cloud Computer as Administrator and in the Windows start menu type run, then click Run below Apps category.
– This policy will take effect for new sessions and it will be applied to everyone who access this server with RDP and V2 Cloud clients, to make sure policy applies please reboot your server, or open a command prompt and run gpudapte /force.
– This policy will block access to redirected USB and network drives.
– If you require to apply this policy for non-administrators or specific users, please follow Appendix A.
1. Connect to Cloud Computer as Administrator and in the windows menu type run.
2. In the Run window type MMC and hit enter.
3. In the MMC console, select File -> Add/Remove Snap-in…
4. In the Add or Remove Snap-ins menu select Group Policy Object Editor and click Add to select it.
5. In the Welcome to the Group Policy Wizard, click Browse… button.
6. In the Browse for a Group Policy Object window, select the users tab and select the user to whom this policy will be applied, or select Non-Administrators to apply it to all users in the Cloud Computer except for Administrator accounts.
7. In the Welcome to the Group Policy Wizard window, click Finish.
8. In the Console 1 window, follow steps 3 to 5 from the main document to configure the desired setting.
9. When completed save Console 1 from File menu and selecting Save As…
10. Type a name that identify the policy and click save.
11. Exit the MMC console, from File menu -> Exit.
Before Group Policy:
After Group Policy: