Please note that redirection won’t work with Windows 10 Home. For more information, contact us.
In order to configure your Webcam in V2 Cloud computer please follow the below steps:
Client Side Configuration
1. In the client PC, click Windows Start menu and type gpedit.msc, click to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
2. In the Local Group Policy Editor, expand Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Connection Client -> RemoteFX USB Device Redirection
3. In the right pane, double click “Allow RDP redirection of other supported RemoteFX USB devices from this computer” and change value to Enabled. In the Remote FX USB Redirection Access Rights, select either Administrators or Administrators and users to apply this policy to all users. Click Ok to accept the changes.
4. In the Local Group Policy Editor, click File and Exit.
5. Finally, click the Windows Start menu and reboot your PC.
6. In the command prompt window type gpupdate /force and sign out users so that settings apply in their next logon.
7. Close the command prompt window and open an RDP connection and click show options
8. In the Local devices and resources, click More… button to show all devices.
9. If your settings are correct, you will see the Other Supported RemoteFX USB Devices option, select the device you wish to redirect, i.e. Integrated Camera.
Follow the below steps in the V2 Cloud Computer:
1. Open local group policy editor just like in step one above and expand Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Remote Session Environment -> RemoteFX for Windows Server 2008 R2.
2. In the right pane, double click Configure RemoteFX and click enabled. Click OK to save the changes.
3. Expand Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Device and Resource Redirection.
4. In the right pane, double click “Do not allow supported Plug and Play device redirection” and select disabled, then click OK to accept the configuration.
Note: For Windows Server 2016 and 2019, please follow this additional step.
1. In Windows Server 2016, enable Let apps to use my camera
5. In the Local Group Policy Editor, click File and Exit. Finally reboot your Cloud Computer.
6. Once your Cloud computer is back up, open V2 Cloud client and connect to your Cloud computer desktop, when connected at the top of the screen in the connection bar click Select devices to use
7. In the Remote Desktop Connection window, select your camera, and launch to the desired application, i.e. zoom, teams, etc.
Note: V2 Cloud recommends for optimal performance installing the third party software Fabulatech Webcam for RDP