In this tutorial, you will learn how to join a computer to a domain. We will use a cloud computer from V2 Cloud.
Join the VM to the domain:
1. On the Start screen, type Control Panel, and then press ENTER.
2. Navigate to System and Security, and then click System.
3. Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, click Change settings.
4. On the Computer Name tab, click Change.
5. Under Member of, click Domain, type the name of the domain that you wish this computer to join, and then click OK.
Note that you will have to enter the credentials of a member of the AAD DC administrator group.
6. Click OK, and then restart the computer.
In your V2Cloud dashboard, create a Windows Server AD Directory
Note that a number has been added to the entered domain name to create the identifier. This happen because a directory having the same domain name already exists.
Add Domain User Accesses to your VMs
There are multiple ways to add a Domain User Access to a VM:
• Directly from the Directories pages, click on the Actions button of the directory, click on Add VM access then select the VM you want to link to this directory. Note that you can add VM access in bulk by selecting multiple VMs.
• Or from the VM details page, click on the Add user access button, select Domain tab then Select the directory you want to bind the VM to.
You can allow all the users of your directory by checking the option include all users from this directory or only a specific user by entering his email and information.
To add multiple specific user accesses just re-do this step.
To allow users to connect over Web Connect, uncheck “Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication” in System –> Remote settings
Note: This should not be done if you plan to open RDP port to the public. If you are unsure, please contact us.
You are done!
You can log as you AD user from the V2Cloud Login page using your directory identifier and your email.